Enter Your Name & Email Address Below And Be Part of Our Boxing Community!! It's FREE!!
Long live the kings of the ring Floyd Mayweather
, Miguel Cotto, Canelo Alvarez and Sugar Shane Mosley as they prepare for “Ring Kings: Mayweather vs. Cotto,” the biggest fight of 2012 taking place this Saturday, May 5 at the MGM Grand
Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev. which will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View
The event features four of boxing’s biggest stars who all boast the experience and records to merit the worthiness of the fight’s title. With an average of 44 professional bouts each, these four fighters have the star power, skills and experience to make May 5 an unforgettable night of boxing.
Below please find some of the most noteworthy facts and figures about Mayweather and Cotto.
• 42-0 (26 KO’s), 303 rounds boxed
• KO percentage: 62%
• 19-0 (10 KO’s) in title fights
• Won world titles in 5 divisions
• Fought 16 fellow world champions (17-0 vs. them)
• Despite not being known for his power punches, 12 of his Mayweather’s 26 KO’s have come in the first four rounds
• 37-2 (30 KO’s), 269 rounds boxed
• KO percentage: 77%
• 17-2 (14) in title fights, last 19 fights ALL for titles-last non-title fight was in 2004
• Won titles in 3 divisions
• Fought 13 fellow champions (12-2 vs. them)
“Ring Kings: Mayweather vs. Cotto,” a 12-round fight for Cotto’s WBA Super Welterweight World Championship and the vacant WBC Super Welterweight Diamond belt, is promoted by Mayweather Promotions, Golden Boy Promotions and Miguel Cotto Promotions.
Calling All Boxing Fans
Boxing Fans, It's Edgar, Founder & Publisher of MyBoxingFans.com, and I personally want to ask you to subscribe to our email newsletter its completely Free! Just enter your name and email below: